of the 34th
Annual General Piss-Up held on 1st
April 2017 at The Colson Arms, St Michael's Hill, Bristol.
Massive, the current Grand Master, opened the formal meeting by welcoming those present.
- Apologies for absence.
HBK said that No Shirt and Fruitcake had asked him to pass on their apologies, and that they may turn up later, albeit pissed.
of the last meeting. The minutes of the last meeting, held on 16th April 2016, were approved.
- Matters Arising from the minutes. There were none.
- Outgoing officers' reports.
- Grand Master. Massive said that, once again, the year had flown by, and that it seemd like only yesterday.
- Hash Cash. Sleepy distributed a statement of finances to the end of 2016, (see below). Headline news was that Down-Downs were down, cost-wise, once again, but, paradoxically, awards costs were up. Sleepy added that "careful management" had enabled him to hold the current deficit at £48.00, an improvement on last year. Following a brief scuffle, the financial statement was accepted grudgingly by a narrow majority.
Puki enquired about the current state of the Bristol and Allied Hashes Pension Scheme (BAHPS). Sleepy said that, following further "careful management", it was proposed to maintain the qualifying pension age at 97 for the financial period 2017/18. Following a brief scuffle the proposal was accepted grudgingly by a narrow majority.
- Stats. Wolfie reported that there had been a decrease on last year in the average number of hashers per week, from 26 to 24, but that, after "drilling down" into the data, he was confident that the figure represented quality rather than quantity. He had, over a number of long evenings, sketched the following graphic as part of his on-going occupational therapy course:
Two venues tied for most runners in the year, at 34: The Lamb, Iron Acton (hare: Limpit) and The Crown, West Harptree (hares: Rentahash and Hot Fuzz). There were also two contenders for lowest number of runner (10 each): The Star, High Littleton, and Westbury Hill, Westbury-on-Trym. Coincidentally, probably, these were both set by Le Caniveau.
Wolfie reminded the meeting that extensive reports could be found on the website.
- Beer Meisters: Three and Fourpence reported that it had been a whirlwind year of beer.
- Social Committee: Lunchi reported that the Committee had met approximately once a month, and that a lot had been achieved.
- Best Pub.
The Cross Hands, Winterbourne Down. The Minutes Secretary neglected to record the reason.
- Worst Pub.
That one Sweaty set in Filton was a popular candidate. Fortunately, no-one could remember the name of the pub.
- Resignation of Officers.
In accordance with Hash AGPU rules, the officers present resigned en masse.
Down-downs were downed-downed by the outgoing officials.
- Election of Officers. The following
officers were elected:
- Grand Master: Massive.
- Joint Masters: Shiggy Valentine and Duracell.
- Hash Cash: Sleepy.
- On-Sec: Wolfie.
- Hare Raiser: Fat Controller.
- Religious Advisers: No Shirt and LunchI.
- Beer Meister: Rebore.
- Stats: Wolfie.
- Webshite: Wolfie.
- Hash Horn: Gazza.
- Hash Haberdasher: Fruitcake.
- Awards Co-ordinators: Wet Wipe and Fruitcake.
- Mee Mee: Clem.
- Hasher Basher: Soprano.
- Social Committee: LunchI, Wet Wipe, HBK and Rebore.
- Hash Flash: Three and Fourpence and Gazza.
- Hash Snitches: Shiggy Valentine, Waynetta and Spiderman.
Down-downs were downed-downed by the incoming officials.
- Renewal of Public Liability Insurance. Despite objections from a minority, it was voted to renew PL Insurance for the year to 31 March 2018.
- Proposals for Bristol Hash Charity 2017-18. A number of charities were proposed, but the majority decided to support NEXT:LINK, providing local domestic abuse and mental health support services, and support for victims of rape and sexual abuse. A vote of thanks to Soprano for her untiring cash-raising efforts for the Hash charities, particularly with the annual auction, was proposed and carried unanimously.
- Any Other Business.
- Lunchi suggested introducing a custom, popular in some other hashes, of giving hashers who have completed over 1000 runs with one club the title of "Sir". Currently this would apply to The Fat Controller, Spiderman and Wolfie. The proposal was accepted.
- A vote of thanks was given to the Colston Arms for the food and general service for the evening.
- Date of Next Meeting: No date was set.
The meeting ended at 9:30pm.
Appendix: Accounts for the year to 31 December 2016 were submitted as follows: