of the 34th
Annual General Piss-Up held on 16th
April 2016 at The Colson Arms, St Michael's Hill, Bristol.
Massive, the current Grand Master, opened the formal meeting by welcoming those present.
Apologies for absence had been received from Fruitcake who had, nevertheless, supplied detailed instructions concerning the election of the next year's officers.
of the last meeting. The minutes of the last meeting, held on 21st March 2015, were approved.
- Matters Arising from the minutes. There were none.
- Outgoing officers' reports.
- Grand Master. Massive said that he was still here and had somehow managed to sustain an interest in beer if not in running.
- Hash Cash. Sleepy distributed a statement of finances to the end of 2015, (see below). Headline news was that Down-Downs were down, cost-wise. Sleepy added that "careful management" had enabled him to hold the current deficit at £140.00. Following a brief scuffle, the financial statement was accepted by a narrow majority.
Puki enquired about the current state of the Bristol and Allied Hashes Pension Scheme (BAHPS). Sleepy said that, following further "careful management", it was proposed to maintain the qualifying pension age at 97 for the financial period 2016/17. Following a brief scuffle the proposal was accepted by a narrow majority.
- Stats. Wolfie reported that there had been a small increase on last year in the average number of hashers per week, from 25 to 26. He had sketched the following graphic as part of his occupational therapy course:
He reminded the meeting that extensive reports could be found on the website.
- Religious Advisors: Three and Fourpence reported that his partnership with Gazza had worked well, despite rumours, subsequently substantiated, of bitter rivalry early in the year.
- Best Pub Awards.
The Beaufort, Hawkesbury Upton. Yawn.
- Resignation of Officers.
In accordance with Hash AGPU rules, the officers present resigned en masse.
Down-downs were downed-downed.
- Election of Officers. The following
officers were elected:
- Grand Master: Massive.
- Joint Masters: Walky Talky and Irish Spew.
- Hash Cash: Sleepy.
- On-Sec: Wolfie.
- Hare Raiser: Fat Controller.
- Joint Religious Advisers: Gazza, Three and Fourpence and Irish Spew (subject to trial period of three months).
- Beer Meister: Walky Talky.
- Stats: Wolfie.
- Webshite: Wolfie.
- Hash Horn: Gazza.
- Hash Haberdasher: Fruitcake.
- Awards Co-ordinator: Wet Wipe.
- Mee Mee: Soprano.
- Hasher Basher: Wet Wipe.
- Social Committee: Wet Wipe, Lunchi, Irish Spew, HBK, Rebore and Fruitcake.
- Hash Flash: Three and Fourpence.
- Hash Snitches: Lunchi, Waynetta and Walky Talky.
- Any Other Business.
There was no further business.
- Date of Next Meeting: 1st April 2017.
The meeting ended at 9:30pm.
Accounts for the year to 31 December 2015 were submitted as follows: